ข้อสอบภาษาอังกฤษ ข้อสอบภาษาอังกฤษ Direction: Choose the most appropriate answer.
1. I have some ............ with studying English. a. difficult b. different c. difficulties d. difference e. differ
2. I want to ................ for a job at this company. a. comply b. supply c. apply d. imply e. reply
3. The government stated that there will be no ..................... with the terrorists. a. situation b. reputation c. negotiation d. cooperation e. production
4. There arent any ............... ways of solving this problem. a. possible b. possibly c. possibility d. probability e. probably
5. Mammals survived the meteor disaster through ......... while dinosaur didnt. a. revolution b. evolution c. conversation d. solution e. institution
6. As long as we try, we will ......... succeed. a. unfortunately b. eventually c unforgivably d. impractically d. presumably
7. Due to global economic crisis, Thai National Bank has to take a/an ............ measure. a. supportive b. protective c. additive d. impressive e. relative
Direction: Select the word with the same meaning as the underlined word.
8. According to the governments policy, the LPG fuel price will increase by the end of this month. a. drop b. suspend c. rise d. remain e. impend
9. The Chanel purse I bought for your birthday was genuine . a. authentic b. artificial c. plastic d. imitative e. leather
10. The suspect was taken from his house unwillingly. a. on purpose b. intentionally c. deliberately d. without consent e. with permission
11. The ancient people used rock and stone as their tools. a. primitive b. modern c. up-to-date d. retro e. contemporary
12. He was embarrassed when she refused to marry him. a. proud b. disappointed c. upset d. pathetic d. humiliated
13. Venice is famous for its canals and gondolas a. notorious b. disreputable c. ill-famed d. well-known e. unfamiliar
14. Protein is important for our bodies. a. necessary b. excessive c. redundant d. surplus e. immoderate
15. The movie was so frightening that I couldnt sleep all night. a. mystifying b. exciting c. scary d. romantic e. funny
Direction: Read the dialogue and select the best answer. 16. Katie: What happened to your eyes? Bob: I think Ive got pink eyes. Katie: Oh, thats too bad. Why dont you go to see the doctor. Bob: I wish I could afford to see a doctor. What seems to be the problem with Bob? a. His symptom is getting better. b. He doesnt have money to see a doctor. c. Hed rather stay at home. d. He falls in love with Katie. e. He doesnt want Katie to see his eyes.
17. Jason: Excuse me, would you mind if I smoke here? Jane: Of course, this is public area. You should know that. Jason: Come on, its just one cigarette. Jane: You should learn to respect other peoples right. Jason: All right, sorry about that. Maybe this isnt a place for smokers. What do you think Jason is going to do? a. He is going to smoke a cigarette. b. He is going somewhere else. c. He is going to buy a pack of cigarette. d. He is going to quit smoking. e. He is going to ask Jane out.
18. Lucy: Hello, Doctor Smiths office, may I help you? Dan: Yes, Id like to make an appointment with Doctor Smith. Lucy: Doctor Smith wont be available until next week. Dan: Oh, I just want to order some medicine then. Lucy: You need doctors prescription to purchase medicine. What does Dan have to do to get his medicine? a. He has to wait for the doctor. b. He has to go to a drugstore. c. He has to buy medicine with Lucy. d. He has to order his medicine on the phone. e. He has to make up a prescription.
Direction: Choose the most appropriate answer.
Throughout the ages, birds have been a source of wonder to all who have ......... (19) their soaring flight or listened to their sweet song. ........ (20) a group, birds are ........ (21) they are the only animals covered .......... (22) feathers. This evolutionary development .......... (23) birds from all other animals.
19. a. verified b. supported c. claimed d. observed e. warned 20. a. Like b. Just c. Still d. Another e. As 21. a. unique b. common c. mundane d. indifferent e. mediocre 22. a. by b. on c. with d. as e. into 23. a. has been separated b. separates c. separated c. was separated e. separating
It ...... (24) that policing in the future will be ....... (25) more different than it is today. Advances in technology .........(26) in computers, television, and communication will assist the police in solving and preventing crimes. Advances in forensic science .........(27) evidence more reliable and meaningful. All of these changes will be for the better if they help ....... (28) the quality of police service.
24. a. predicted b. has predicted c. is predicted d. was predicting e. would predict 25. a. any b. some c. such d. much e. so 26. a. particularly b. placidly c. roughly d. widely e. profoundly 27. a. had to make b. would be made c. has made d. is to make e. should make 28. a. improving b. be improved c. to improve d. have improved e. to be improved
Direction: Look at the table and select the best anwser.
29. When does the match between Bolton and Chelsea occurs? a. Saturday 06 December, 9 p.m. b. Thursday 04 December, a quarter to eighth c. Saturday 06 December, 3 p.m. d. Sunday 07 December, 3 p.m. e. None of the above.
30. How do we get a ticket for Fulham v.s. Man City match? a. Order it on line. b. Buy it at Craven Cottage. c. Ask for further information at Craven Cottage. d. Buy it at Old Trafford. e. Either A or B.
31. Which stadium holds a match that we cant get a ticket? a. Volkswagen Arena b. St. James Park c. Kingston Communications Stadium d. Old Trafford e. Both C and D. Direction: Look at these advertisements and select the best answer.
32. Where can we order Foie gras ? a. Indian Hut b. La Grande Perle c. Baan Kanitha d. Pizza Hut e. Oishi
33. Which restaurant offers reduced price? a. Indian Hut b. La Grande Perle c. Baan Kanitha d. Pizza Hut e. Oishi
34. Which restaurant provides food with unique uses of spices? a. Indian Hut b. La Grande Perle c. Baan Kanitha d. Pizza Hut e. Oishi
35. What number do we need to call to make a reservation for Tom Yum Koong? a. 02-6357876 b. 02-2370077 c. 02-2584128 d. 1150 e. 1112
Direction: Read these passages and select the best answer.
Researches suggest that here are creatures that do not know what light means at the bottom of the sea. They dont have either eyes or ears; they can only feel. There is no day or night for them. There are no winters, no summers, no sun, no moon and no stars. It is as if a child spent its life in darkness in bed, with nothing to see or hear. How different our own life is! Sight shows us the ground beneath our feet and the heavens above us the sun, moon, and stars, shooting stars, lightning, and the sunset. It shows us day and night. We are able to hear voices, the sound of the sea, and music. We feel, we taste, we smell. How fortunate we are!
36. From this passage, we can say that this story is mainly about.......... . a. life of sea creatures at the bottom of the sea. b. how changes in the seasons are perceived by the deep-sea creatures. c. how wonderful our lives were and will be. d. the difference among creatures of the earth and those of the sea. e. the superiority of human beings over some creatures in terms of sense.
37. We discover that the sea creatures in the story....... . a. have the same sense that we do. b. have no sense of hearing as well as sight. c. hear the sounds of the ocean. d. live in darkness because no light reaches to the bottom. e. do not hear the sound of sea as they are accustomed to it.
38. In the passage, a child in darkness is compared to ....... . a. someone who lives where there are no seasons. b. an animal without the sense of touch. c. a sea creature with no seeing or hearing ability. e. a deaf child unaffected by the environment.
Official records state that the Pueblo Indians lived in New Mexico and Arizona. The word Pueblo comes from the Spanish word pueblo, meaning town or village. The Spaniards found these Indians living in apartment houses, some of them on the side of a cliff in order that they could be reached only by ladders. Whenever they were attacked by Apaches, the Pueblos would pull up the ladders. They grew corn, which they watered with water flowing down in ditches. They wove cloth, made wonderful baskets, and created jars and pots out of clay proving how skillful they were at hand-craft.
39. From this passage, we understand that the Pueblo Indians were afraid of ....... . a. cliff dwelling b. Apache Indians c. apartment houses d. water flowing down ditches e. solitary life
40. The Spaniards called these Indians Pueblo because they ...... . a. were close to the Apache b. lived together in a town or village c. farmed and brought down water in ditches d. pull up their ladder when attacked e. achieved fame from the hand-craft
41. The Pueblo Indians lived on the side of a cliff ...... a. although they had apartment house. b. to observe the stars in the sky for rain season. c. so that they could provide themselves with shelter. d. to disguise themselves from the Spaniards. e. to provide themselves with rare food on the cliff.
Immigrant Suffer from Losing Their Identity
Language is a way to communicate with each other. We started to learn language when we were born. However, people are used to speaking their native language, so immigrants are having many problems between the first generation and the second generation because they dont have the same native language. Also, the second generation is losing their identity. Especially in America, there are many immigrants that came form different countries to succeed in the States. Because they suffer in lots of areas such as getting a job and trying to speak English, they want their children to speak English, not only at school, but also at home in order to be more successful. Because of this situation, their children are losing their ethnic identity and, even more, they are ignoring their parents whose English is not very good. For example, my aunt, who has been living in Chicago for fifteen years, has three children and they were all born in the States. The eighteen years old daughter speaks English as a native language and she speaks Korean very well too. She has no problems talking with her parents, but she still doesnt understand Korean jokes, and there are sometimes misunderstandings. The second daughter is fourteen years old, and she doesnt want to speak Korean. My aunt often gets upset with her because she is very Americanized and they cant understand each other. Even when my aunt punishes her, this daughter does not understand what my aunt is talking about. I felt sympathy for my aunt whenever my fourteen years old cousin said, Mom, what is your problem? The third child is a twelve years old son. He speaks English to his parents and my aunt speaks Korean to him as she does to the second to the second daughter. He also has a problem communicating with his parents. My aunt is trying to teach him to speak both languages very well, but it is very hard for him because he speaks English all day and does not understand why he should learn to speak Korean. I think most immigrants are trying to preserve their native language in their new country, but this doesnt help very much in getting a good job. My aunt didnt teach Korean to her children in order to help them succeed in the U.S: she did so, hopefully, to help them establish a Korean identity because they look different from others, and also, if they visit their parents country, they will probably feel different from other people there too. My cousins told me that when they visited Korea a few years ago, they felt different from other Koreans. They could even feel it just strolling around the street because they wore different clothes and walked differently. We must realize that language is important and valuable for many reasons. Immigrants should make an effort not to be ignored by their children and to make their children understand their heritage by teaching them the parents language. This is very important, not only for the harmony of the family, but also in helping the second generation establish their identity.
42. What is this article mainly about? a. Learning a second language. b. Immigrants who become sick in the U.S. c. Language and its effect on the identity of immigrant. d. Schools attended by immigrants to the U.S. e. How the immigrants could live in a new country.
43. Which of these statements is NOT true according to the first paragraph? a. Second generation immigrants are usually eager to learn their parents native language. b. It is often hard for first and second generation family members to communicate with each other. c. Because second generation immigrant children often speak only English, they may lose their ethnic identity. d. Sometimes second generation immigrant children ignore their parents because of language difference. e. The immigrants suffer in lots of areas such as getting a job and trying to speak English.
44. There are many reasons that second generation immigrants may get confused about their identity. Which of the following is NOT found in the article? a. Their American friends may not see them as Korean-Americans. b. They look different than most of their friends in the U.S. c. They wear different clothes than the Koreans in Korea. d. They even walk differently from the Koreans. e. They speak different language than their parents.
45. Which of the following is closest to the main idea of this article? a. Second generation Korean-Americans walk and dress differently than their parents. b. Many immigrant families have problems with communication. c. The language spoken in immigrant households is often a mixture of two languages. d. Second generation Korean immigrants often speak only English. e. Teaching immigrant children the parents native language helps them establish their ethnic identity.
Bottom of Form
Direction: These following sentences contain one error each, find where all the errors are.
46. Waiting (a.) at the airport, suddenly I have been told (b.) that the airplane may not arrive (c.) due to the situation (d.). 47. Since (a.) I have been waiting (b.) here long enough, if this is (c.) the last train, I will take them (d.) immediately. 48. Howard, whose (a.) reputation has come (b.) from his brave action, was (c.) the man whom (d.) everybody in the village respected (e.). 49. According to (a.) the test result, the doctor recommended (b.) that I am staying (c.) at home and do (d.) nothing but relax (e.). 50. How we could (a.) travel to the moon (b.) is (c.) still a popular question among those who seeks (d.) an adventurous life (e.).